Ok, I’m not the best at keeping a regular backup of all my stuff, especially when using two or three separate PCs/Laptops.
But at least I do it, thanks to automatic software and the experience of having lost relatively low value data over a year ago, the memory lives on…!
So – today is “World Backup Day”, and I didn’t even know it, and furthermore I suspect most of you didn’t either.
It’s just not at the forefront of our minds, and will never be, until it’s too late – some day perhaps. Unfortunately.
Let’s hope the data loss is trivial….
Some scary statistics for those who don’t backup their files:
- All hard drives will crash during their lifetime
- More than 1 in 10 laptops will be stolen in their lifetime
- A laptop is stolen every 53 seconds
- Every year 46% of computer users lose their music, photos, and documents
- 50% of all hard drives will crash within 5 years
- 89.1% of PC users don’t perform regular backups
- A recent study from Gartner, Inc., found that 90 percent of companies that experience data loss go out of business within two years.
- 70 percent of companies go out of business after a major data loss
So, Backup your digital life before you wish you did!